|Name||Dr. Pramod Kumar Tiwari||
|Qualification||M. Sc. , Ph. D.|
|Subject Area||Tree physiology and Bio-chemistry, Clonal propagation|
1. Mishra,U.S.; Pramod Kumar and Saxena S.K. (1988) Fusarium pallidoroseum (Cooke) Sacc.- A new record from India. Adv. Pl. Sci. 1(2 suppl.) : 381-383.
2. Pramod Kumar; Mishra, U.S. and Awasthi, P.B. (1988) Cellulolytic and pectolytic enzyme production by Curvularia fallax causing leaf spot of Sesame- A new disease. Vegetos 1(2) : 138-141.
3. Pramod Kumar and Mishra, U.S. (1989) Cellulolytic and pectolytic enzyme production by Macrophomina phaseolina causing rot disease of Sesame. Mendel 6(1) : 39-42.
4. Pramod Kumar and Mishra, U.S. (1989) Cellulolytic and pectolytic enzyme production of Corynespora cassiicola causing leaf spot of Sesame. Geobios 16 : 127-129.
5. Pramod Kumar and Mishra, U.S. (1989) Production of cellulolytic (C1) enzyme by fungi causing serious diseases of Sesame. Adv. Pl. Sci. 2 (2) : 291-293.
6. Pramod Kumar and Mishra, U.S. (1989) Range of Alternaria blight on improved varieties of Sesamum indicum and role of weather on the disease development. Vegetos 2 (2) : 212-215.
7. Pramod Kumar and Mishra, U.S. (1990) Histopathology of Synchytrium galls on Sesamum indicum. J. Indian Bot. Soc. 69 : 169-174.
8. Pramod Kumar and Mishra, U.S. (1990) Bio-chemical changes in Sesamum indicum due to Synchytrium galls. Nat. Acad. Sci. Letters 13 (12) : 435-436.
9. Pramod Kumar and Mishra, U.S. (1991) Alteration in chlorophyll level due to fungal leaf spots in Sesamum indicum. Vegetos 4 : 36-37.
10. Pramod Kumar and Mishra, U.S. (1992) Diseases of Sesamum indicum in Rohilkhand : Intensity and yield loss. Indian Phytopath. 45(1) : 121-122.
11. Pramod Kumar and Mishra, U.S. (1992) Biological control of sesame pathogens by antagonistic fungi (in vitro). J. Indian Bot. Soc. 71 : 165-167.
12. Pramod Kumar (1993) A new leaf spot disease of sesame caused by Curvularia fallax Boedijn. Geobios New Reports 12 : 177-178.
13. Palanisamy, K. and Pramod Kumar (1993) Improvement of biomass and physiological characteristics in Albizia procera (Roxb.) Benth through foliar application of nutrients. My Forest 29(4) : 472-477.
14. Ansari, S.A. and Pramod Kumar (1994) IAA synergism and vitamin B1 antagonism with calcium for induction and growth of adventitious roots in branch cuttings of Dalbergia sissoo Roxb. Indian J. Exp. Biol. 32 : 441-442.
15. Palanisamy, K.; Pramod Kumar and Mandal A.K. (1994) Impact of nitrate, ammonia and light on nitrate reductase activity in neem (Azadirachta indica) seedlings. Indian J. Top. Biod. 2 : 472-477.
16. Ansari, S.A., Palanisamy, K. and Pramod Kumar (1995) Peroxidase and nitrate reductase activity in relation to rhizogenesis in Populus deltoids Marsh. Indian J. Exp. Biol. 33 : 892-893.
17. Ansari, S.A., Pramod Kumar and Gupta B.N. (1995) Root surface area measurements based on adsorption and desorption of nitrite. Plant and Soil 175 : 133-137.
18. Ansari, S.A., Pramod Kumar and Mandal A.K. (1995) Effect of position and age of cuttings and auxins on induction and growth of roots in Dalbergia sissoo Roxb. Indian Forester 121(3) : 201-206.
19. Pramod Kumar, Ansari, S.A. and Fatima Shirin (1996) Effect of leaf/soil-applied IAA with kinetin or thiamine on shoot growth of Albizia lebbek. Annals of Forestry 4 (2): 195-199.
20. Palanisamy, K. and Pramod Kumar (1996) Seasonal effect on induction of adventitious rooting in stem cuttings of Neem (Azadirachta indica A. Juss). Indian J. Forestry 19(2) : 183-186.
21. Palanisamy, K. and Pramod Kumar (1997) Seasonal variation on adventitious rooting in branch cuttings of Pongamia pinnata Pierre. Indian Forester 123 : 236-239.
22. Harsh, N.S.K. and Pramod Kumar (1997) Screening for resistance against set rot and mortality in Poplar cuttings. Indian Forester 123 : 262-263.
23. Palanisamy, K. and Pramod Kumar (1997) Effect of position, size of cuttings and environmental factors on adventitious rooting in Neem (Azadirachta indica A. Juss). Forest Ecol. & Management 98 : 277-280.
24. Jamaluddin and Pramod Kumar (1997) Leaf blight of Dalbergia sissoo in mist chamber and shadehouse. Indian Forester 123 : 1199-1201.
25. Ansari, S.A., Pramod Kumar and Mandal, A.K. (1998) An air layering method for clonal propagation of Albizia procera. Indian Forester 124(5) : 354-356.
26. Palanisamy, K., Ansari, S.A., Pramod Kumar and Gupta, B.N. (1998) Adventitious rooting in shoot cuttings of Azadirachta indica and Pongamia pinnata. New Forest 16 :81-88.
27. Palanisamy, K. and Pramod Kumar (2001) Vegetative propagation and genetic improvement of Neem. Indian Forester 127(3) :347-350.
28. Ansari, S.A., Ginwal, H.S., Pramod Kumar and Singh, S.(2001) Ascorbic acid promotes adventitious rhizogenesis in Teak (Tectona grandis). Indian Forester 127(5):599-602.
29. Verma, R.K., Pramod Kumar and Ansari, S.A. (2001) comparative physiomorphological performance of half-sib seedlings of ten teak clones under suboptimal and optimal arbuscular mycorrhizal colonization. J Trop. Forest Sci. 13(3) : 423-433.
30. Ansari, S.A., Pramod Kumar and Mishra, Y. (2001) Triacontanol: A natural growth regulator from plant wax. pp 43-48. In: Nafees A. khan and Samiullah (eds.) Phytohormones in crop productivity under different environments. Scientific Publisher, Jodhpur.
31. Ansari, S.A., Singh, S. and Pramod Kumar (2002) Promotion of adventitious rhizogenesis in Albizia procera by potassium permanganate. J. Plant Biol. 29(1) : 101-104.
32. Singh, S., Ansari, S.A. and Pramod Kumar (2002) Clonal propagation of Bambusa nutans through culm and culm branch cuttings. Indian Forester 128(1): 35-40.
33. Singh, S., Pramod Kumar and Ansari, S.A. (2004) A simple method for large scale propagation of Dendrocalamus asper. Scientia Horticulturae 100 : 251-255.
34. Singh, S., Pramod Kumar, Mandal, A.K. and Ansari, S.A. (2004) Air layering of trees with differential rooting response. Indian Forester 130(3): 318-322.
35. Singh, S., Pramod Kumar and Ansari, S. A. (2004) IBA promotes adventitious rhizogenesis in juvenile shoot cuttings of Albizia procera. Indian J. Forestry 27(1) : 99-101.
36. Singh, S., Pramod Kumar and Ansari, S.A. (2005) Clonal propagation of Teak (Tectona grandis) by composite treatment of auxin with thiamine. Indian J. Forestry 28(2) : 108-111.
37. Tiwari, A., Pramod Kumar, Singh, S. and Ansari, S.A. (2005) Carbonic anhydrase in relation to higher plants. Photosynthetica 43(1) : 1-11.
38. Tiwari, A., Pramod Kumar, Chawhaan, P.H., Singh, S. and Ansari, S.A. (2006) Carbonic anhydrase in Tectona grandis (L.f.) : Extraction, kinetics, stability, isozyme and relationship with photosynthesis. Tree Physiology 26(8) : 1067-1073.
39. S.A. Ansari, C. Narayanan and Pramod Kumar (2007 published in 2008) Molecular marker analysis of Indian sandalwood (Santalum album L.) pp 78-81. In: Proceedings of National Seminar on "Conservation, Improvement, Cultivation and Management of Sandal (Santalum album L.)
40. Pramod Kumar and S.A. Ansari (2009) A review on Bamboo macropropagation in central India. Submitted for publication in: Proceedings of National Seminar on "Conservation and Management of Bamboo Resources" . Seminar held at IFP, Ranchi, 29-30 Nov. 2007 (In press)
Compiled data and prepared 11 evaluation reports for FDAs work in Orissa (Orissa state and ten FDAs of Orissa)
Manuscripts published in seminars/conferences
1. Pramod Kumar and S.A. Ansari (2007) A review on Bamboo macro-propagation in Central India. In: Abstracts of National Seminar on "Conservation and Management of Bamboo Resources" 29-30 Nov. 2007, pp 49
2. Y. Mishra, S. Yadav, P. Patel, M.K. Sonkar, Pramod Kumar, Fatima Shirin and S.A. Ansari (2008) Acclimatization and macroproliferation of micropropagated plants of Bambusa nutans Wall. and Bambusa tulda Roxb. In: Abstract of National Conference on "Bamboos: Management, Conservation, Value addition and Promotion" 12-14 March 2008, pp48.
3. Pramod Kumar, S.K. Jharia and S.A. Ansari (2008) Adventitious rhizogenesis in Gmelina arborea Roxb.- the role of growth regulators. In : Abstracts of the ISPP Golden Jubilee Coference on "Challenges and Emerging Strategies for Improving Plant Productivity" 12-14 Nov.2008, pp 229-230.
4. Pramod Kumar, Varsha Tiwari, Vishmita Sethi, Randhir Kumar and S.A. Ansari (2009) Nitrate Reductase and Peroxidase activity as a Biochemical marker for genetic diversity in Santalum album L. In: Abstracts of the "IV National Forestry Conference" 9-11 Nov. 2009, pp 55-56.
5. Pramod Kumar and S.A. Ansari (2010) Conservation and improvement of bamboo through macro propagation (in press)
Participation in Seminars
1. Participated in National Workshop on "Prospects and Perspectives of Forest Resources of India : Structuring the Present for Sustainable Future". March 03-04, 2008, College of Horticulture and Forestry, Jhalawar (Rajasthan)
2. Attended National Conference on "Bamboos: Management, Conservation, Value Addition and Promotion". 12 - 14 March, 2008, TFRI, Jabalpur
3. Participated in ISPP Golden Jubilee Conference on "Challenges and Emerging Strategies for Improving Plant Productivity" 12-14 Nov., 2008 at IARI, New Delhi and made Poster presentation of the manuscript entitled "Adventitious rhizogenesis in Gmelina arborea Roxb.- the role of growth regulators"
1. Received "Young Scientists' Award" (1997-1998) of National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, New Delhi in the field of Plant Improvement.
2. Received ICFRE award in the field of Silviculture Research for the year 1993-94 & 1994-95
3. Received Indian Forester cash award for best paper for the year 2001.
Membership of Academic Societies
" Life member, Indian Society for Plant Physiology " Member, Society for Promotion of Tropical Biodiversity
Guidance to M. Sc. Dissertation students
Guided two students for M. Sc. dissertation as co-supervisor