Name : Dr. Naseer Mohammad
Designation : Scientist-E
Date of Birth : 01/10/1984
Date of Joining : 29/09/2011
Date of joining present post : 01/07/2014
Discipline : Forest Genetics & Tree Improvement
Address (off. ) : Genetics & Plant Propagation Division, PO-RFRC, Jabalpur-482021 (MP)
Address (resi.) : 19/V, New TFRI Colony, PO-RFRC, Jabalpur -482021
Telephone (off.) :0761-277164
Fax : 2840484, 4044002
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Educational Qualifications : M.Sc. Ph.D. (Genetics & Plant Breeding)
Research Experience : 07 Years
Membership/Fellowship of Professional Societies/Associations :
1. Life member of 'Society for promotion of Tropical Biodiversity', SFRI, (Madhya Pradesh)
2. Life member of Society for Tropical Forestry Scientists, TFRI, Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh)
Naseer Mohammad, Mishra JP, Gupta T and Shirin F (2016). Abstract entitled 'Maida Chaal (Litsea glutinosa Lour): Assessment of Genetic Variability and Conservation' published in 'National Seminar on Forest and Tree-based land use systems for livelihood, nutritional and environmental security', organized by Navsari Agricultural University, Gujrat, from 21-23 Dec, 2016.
Naseer Mohammad, Dahayat A and Pardhi Y (2018). Abstract entitled 'Assessment of morphometric variation and genetic diversity of critically endangered maida chaal (Litsea glutinosa Lour.) in Central India' published in 'National symposium on Plant Biotechnology: Recent trends in Plant propagation, Genetic improvement & Industrial Applications', organized by Arid Forest Research Institute, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, from 16-18 February, 2018.
Shirin F, Baghel SS, Mehta N, Bhadrawale D, Mishra JP, Dahayat A and Naseer Mohammad (2018) Abstract entitled 'Extraction of genomic DNA from Madhuca indica leaves using four different methods' published in 'National symposium on Plant Biotechnology: Recent trends in Plant propagation, Genetic improvement & Industrial Applications', organized by Arid Forest Research Institute, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, from 16-18 February, 2018.
Naseer Mohammad, Singh S, Ahmad E and Tewari S (2016). Abstract entitled 'Assessment of combining ability for productivity and quality traits in aromatic rice (Oryza sativa L.) published in 'National seminar on Innovative breeding approaches for agricultural security' organized by Birsa Agricultural University, Ranchi, Jharkhand, from 13-14 March, 2016.
Vaishnav V, Naseer Mohammad, Mahesh S and Ansari SA (2014). Abstract entitled 'Screening of EST-SSR primers in teak (Tectona grandis L. f.) designed from carbonic anhydrase gene sequences of model plant species' published in 'International conference on frontier discoveries and Emerging opportunities In life sciences' organized by Dr. Harisingh Gaur University (A Central University) Sagar, (M.P.) from 13-15 February, 2014.
Pardhi Y, Vaishnav V, Naseer Mohammad* and Mishra Y (2014). Abstract entitled 'Assessment of Seed Parameters in the Pterocarpus marsupium Collected from Chhattisgarh' published in 'National Workshop on Forest Seed Science: Recent Advances & Challenges in Seed Research' organized by Forest Research Institute, Dehra Dun (UK) from 26-27 February, 2014.
Vaishnav V, Mahesh S, Naseer Mohammad and Ansari SA (2013) Abstract entitled 'Genetico-statistics Continuum: a Review' published in' National seminar on Recent Advances in Applied Statistics & Its Application in Forestry' organized by Tropical Forest Research Institute, Jabalpur (M.P.) from 15-17 April, 2013.
Pardhi Y, Vaishnav V, Mahesh S, Naseer Mohammad (2013). Abstract entitled 'Comparative assessment of genomic DNA of five forest species isolated using liquid N2 and without liquid N2' published in 'National seminar on Tree Biotechnology 2013: Emerging opportunities in forestry & tree science' organized by I.F.G.T.B., Coimbatore (T.N.) from 23-24 September, 2013.
Naseer Mohammad (2012). Abstract entitled Strychnox nux-vomica: an important endangered medicinal plants of central India published in National conference on Forest Environment and climate change: Issues and Challenges organized by Guru Ghansidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur (C.G.) from 30-31 January, 2012.
Naseer Mohammad and Verma SK (2011). Abstract entitled 'ISSR based diversity analysis among F3 progenies of pigeonpea derived from interspecific cross Cajanus scarabaeoides x Cajanus cajan' published in 'National Symposium on Assessment and Conservation of Forest Genetic Resources through Biotechnological Interventions' organized by Institute of Forest productivity, Ranchi (Jharkhand) from 19-20 December, 2011.
1. Qualified ASRB-NET examination conducted by ICAR, New Delhi during 2010.
2. Recipient of the Maulana Azad National Fellowship for perusing PhD (Genetics & Plant Breeding) from University Grant Commission, New Delhi.
3. Recipient of ICAR-JRF fellowship for perusing M.Sc.(Ag) Genetics & Plant Breeding programme from Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
4. Recipient of Dr. PDKV Merit-Cum Scholarship for B.Sc.(Agriculture) from Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidhyapeeth, Akola (Maharashtra).
5. Secured 1st Rank in ICAR-SRF Examination (2009-10) in the Plant Breeding discipline conducted by ICAR, New Delhi.
6. Secured 1st Rank in Ph.D. Entrance Examination (2009-10) in the Plant breeding conducted by GBPUA&T., Pantnagar.
Research papers (National & International)
1. Naseer Mohammad, Dahayat A, Pardhi Y, Mishra Y and Fatima Shirin (2017) Testing of genetic homogeneity of elite eucalyptus clones using DNA marker. Tropical Plant Research, 4(3): 391395.
2. Naseer Mohammad, Mishra JP, Gupta T and Sonkar M (2017) Effect of different hormones/co-factors on sprouting and rooting of branch cuttings in Litsea glutinosa. Journal of Tropical Forestry, 33(II):01-10.
3. Naseer Mohammad, Mahesh S, Jain YK & Ansari SA (2017) Effect of discrete (individual) and mixed (bulk) genomic DNA on genetic diversity estimates and population structure in Teak (Tectona grandis L. f.). Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, 55(1): 44-48.
4. Tripathi A, Ganesh, Pardhi Y, Saxena HO and Naseer Mohammad (2017) Phytochemical screening of bark of Litsea glutinosa (Maida chhal). Indian Journal of Tropical Biodiversity, 25(1):88-92.
5. Kumar S, Singh SP, Naseer Mohammad and Jeena AS (2017) Study of genetics parameters for yield and quality traits in sugarcane (Saccharum officinarum). Indian Journal of Tropical Biodiversity, 25(1):107-110.
6. Verma P, Naseer Mohammad and Verma RK (2017). Association of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi with maida chaal (Litsea glutinosa Lour) seedlings. Global Journal of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 6(1): 157-161
7. Naseer Mohammad, V Vaishnaw, J Mishra, S Mahesh, P Kumar and SA Ansari (2016) Genetic fidelity testing in micropropagated plantlets of Albizia procera (Roxb.) using RAPD and ISSR markers. Indian Forester, 142 (6): 558-562.
8. Naseer Mohammad, S Singh, E Ahmad and Salil Tewari (2016) Assessment of combining ability for productivity and quality traits in aromatic rice (O. sativa L). International Journal of Bioresource and Stress Management, 7(4) special: 525-572.
9. Naseer Mohammad, A Dahayat and Y Mishra (2016) Effect of seed treatment and potting medium on seed germination and associated parameters in critically endangered Litsea glutinosa (Lour). Indian Journal of Forestry, 39(2): 111-115.
10. S Tewari, A Dahayat, Naseer Mohammad and Y Mishra (2016) Comparative assessment of five DNA extraction methods for genomic DNA extraction of Pterocarpus marsupium and Litsea glutinosa, Indian Journal of Tropical Biodiversity, 24(1):86-91.
11. S Mahesh, V Vaishnav, P Kumar, Naseer Mohammad and S. A. Ansari (2016) Characterization and validation of teak plus trees ramets of national teak germplasm bank through microsatellites. Tropical Plant Research 3(1): 213�220.
12. V Vaishnaw, Naseer Mohammad, SA Wali, R Kumar, SB Tripathi, MS Negi, and SA Ansari (2015) AFLP markers for analysis of genetic diversity and structure of teak (Tectona grandis) in India. Canadian Journal of Forestry Research, 45: 297�306.
13. HO Saxena, A Soni, Naseer Mohammad and SK Choubey (2014) Phytochemical screening and elemental analysis in different plant parts of Uraria picta Desv. A Dashmul species. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 6(5):756-760.
14. Y Mishra, R Rawat, PK Rana, MK Sonkar and Naseer Mohammad (2014) Effect of seed mass on emergence and seedling development in Pterocarpus marsupium Roxb. Journal of Forestry Research, 25 (2):415-418.
15. Sundeep Kumar, RK Panwar, Naseer Mohammad and A Arora (2014) Assessment of genetic divergence for nitrogen fixation, yield and yield contributing traits in fieldpea (Pisum sativum L). International Journal of Basic and Applied Agricultural Research, 12(1):20-24.
16. HO Saxena, A Soni, Naseer Mohammad, A Kakkar and N Singh (2014) HPLC analysis of rhoifolin in different plant parts of Uraria picta: a dashmool species. Indian Journal of Tropical Biodiversity, 22(2): 199-201.
17. F Shrin, R Meshram, PK Rana, MK Sonkar and Naseer Mohammad (2014) Variation among different populations of Azadirachta indica (Neem) with respect to in vitro shoot proliferation and nitrate reductase activity. Indian Journal of Tropical Biodiversity, 22(2): 177-183.
18. Naseer Mohammad, Y Mishra and SA Ansari (2013) Assessment of inter-character correlations in Pterocarpus marsupium, an endangered medicinal plant of tropical forest. Indian Forester, 139 (7): 633-635.
19. Naseer Mohammad, Y Mishra and SA Ansari (2013) Development of selection criteria in Bel (Aegle marmelos) and Kuchla (Strychnox nux-vomica) through correlation and path coefficient study. Bioinfolet, 10(1A): 8-11.
20. Naseer Mohammad, P Kumar, S Singh and S Tewari (2013) Character association and path coefficient analysis for productivity traits in basmati rice (Oryza sativa L), Pantnagar Journal of Research, 11(3): 332-335.
21. Praveen Kumar, K Kumar, L Singh and Naseer Mohammad (2013) Combining ability analysis for yield and its components in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L). Bioinfolet, 10(4B):1312-1318.
22. Naseer Mohammad and SK Verma (2013) Genetic assessment of yield and its component traits in interspecific families of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan). Green Farming, 4(1): 7-10.
23. Naseer Mohammad, S Mahesh, P Kumar and SA Ansari (2012) Genotyping of Santalum album L. accessions through cross-species transferability of SSR markers of Santalum austrocaledonicum and Santalum insulare. Sandalwood Research Newsletter, 27: 1-5.
24. J Somappa, Naseer Mohammad, GC Bajpai, SK Verma and R Joshi (2012) Bioassay studies for bruchid (Callosobruchus chinensis) resistance in F7 interspecific generation of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 82(3): 288-90.
25. J Somappa, Naseer Mohammad, ID Pandey, HK Mahadeva Swamy, L Nemappa1 and GC Bajpai (2012) Assessment of quality descriptors and screening of interspecific progenies of pigeonpea against bruchid (Callosobruchus chinensis l.). Plant Archives, 12(2): 623-626.
26. J Somappa, Naseer Mohammad, M Joshi, KR Yathis and GC Bajpai (2012) Assessment of seed-quality in F7 interspecific progenies of pigeonpea [Cajanus cajan (L.)] Millspaugh. Bioinfolet, 9(2): 151 � 154.
27. R Joshi, J Somappa, Naseer Mohammad and SK Verma (2012) Evaluation of F7 Progenies for Protein Content in Pigeonpea Cajanus cajan (L.) Millspaugh. Environment & Ecology, 30 (3A): 739-742.
28. Y Ruwali, S Kumar, Naseer Mohammad and A Shukla (2012) Molecular profiling and diversity analysis of Jatropha curcas (L) genotypes. Indian Journal of Tropical Biodiversity, 20(2): 121-128.
29. Naseer Mohammad and SK Verma (2011) ISSR based diversity analysis among F3 progenies of pigeonpea derived from interspecific cross Cajanus scarabaeoides X Cajanus cajan. Green Farming, 2(6): 641-644.
1. Dahayat A, Singh N, Pardhi Y, Naseer Mohammad (2017) Molecular markers and its scope in forestry. Van Sangyan, 4:2-7.
2. Pardhi Y and Naseer Mohammad (2016). मैदा छाल: एक विलुप्त होती प्रजाति I Vansangyan, 3(9):27-30.
3. Pardhi Y, Shirin F, Dahayat A and Naseer Mohammad (2016). घास है मगर खास है I Vansangyan, 4(2):59-68.
4. Naseer Mohammad, F Shirin, T Hamlton and Y Mishra (2014) Chironji (Buchanania lanzan Spreng.): Save me..!. Vansangyan, 3: 47-50.
5. C Roy, ID Pandey, Naseer Mohammad, S Pandey and S Singh (2012) Aerobic Rice: An efficient water management strategy for rice production. Farmers Digest, 5: 5-7.
6. M Joshi, MM Syamal, Naseer Mohammad and J Somappa (2012) Fermented products of Apple. Agrobios Newsletter, X (10): 71-73.
7. M Joshi, MM Syamal, J Somappa and Naseer Mohammad (2012) Wine: The Fermented Product of Grape. Agrobios Newsletter XI (6): 43-44.
8. Naseer Mohammad, C Roy, S Singh and Indra Deo (2011) Prediction and synchronization of flowering in hybrid rice seed production. Farmers Digest, 11: 17-18.
1. Published a brochure entitled "Maida Chhal" containing details of nursery practices for raising healthy seedlings. [TFRI/BRO-01/2017].
2. Published a technical bulletin entitled ''Maida Chhal (Litsea glutinosa Lour) : Status and Conservation" [TFRI/Technical Bulletin-04/2017]
1. 'Statistics in Forestry: Methods and Application' Bonfring Publication, Coimbatore (Tamilnadu).
1. H. O. Saxena, Y.C. Tripathi, Ganesh Pawar, A. Kakkar and N. Mohammad (2015). Botanicals As Biopesticides: Active Chemical Constituents And Biocidal Action. In: Familiarizing with Biodiversity- Notes on systemic of Plants and Insects (eds. S. Singh, P.K. Khatri, P.B. Meshram, P. Subramanyam and U. Prakasham), pp. 196 � 211, TFRI Publication, Jabalpur, India.